Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ms Jessies Creme de la Curl & Creme de la Creme Review


WELCOME BEAUTIES!

Now that summer is coming, and a lot of people have been asking me about products for their curls. A lot. And I know that with this day an age, everyone is trying to get the most for the money. So let me tell you my staple for my curly hair, my straight hair, and I recommend it for relaxed or natural.  Its is Miss Jessie’s Crème de La Curl shampoo and Miss Jessie’s Crème De La Crème Conditioner.

Let me start by saying Miss Jessie’s did NOT pay me to endorse this.

 At $16 a pop, I wish they did though. However, I completely and truly am in love with these two products. Let me also say I was skeptical as all hell about them. I am not a fan of Miss Jessie’s other products. Something about them does not agree with my 3 b/c fine hair. I have used the curly pudding, curly meringue, and baby butter crème, and ugh! They leave my twist outs lack luster, and other than the amazing smell of the baby buttercreme, nothing has impressed me. I have used the curly pudding, curly meringue, and baby butter crème, and ugh! I haven’t part with them cause I’m still perfecting my curly routine and I paid so much money I refuse to give up without a fight. So when this little duo was brought to my attention, I gave them both the side eye of death. However, It was December and that’s Miss Jessie’s highly anticipated buy 1 get 1 free sale month, so I indulged.



Thank the hair gods I did.

This is a STAPLE and I do not have many, but unless they change the formula, these will never be missing from my beauty regimen. The shampoo does not sud, but it does clean. Trust me. And it leaves your hair so soft, you can comb though it while the “shampoo” (really a cleanser) is in it. I repeat and then move to the conditioner. It says to leave it on for 5 minutes, but my hair is so fine I usually do it for 2. My hair didn’t have that light feeling I usually like when I wash, especially when I am planning on straightening my hair… but I proceeded. Immediately I noticed the amazing difference in my curls. Each was springy-er (I know that’s not a word, but lets pretend). They were defined like I had never seen before. I said to myself that even if it doesn’t work for the straightening, I was definitely keeping this around for the summer time twist outs and wash and goes.

My hair was moisturized. A lot… but it made me nervous because during the blow drying, I had that heavy feeling like when you put too much product in (but now I am an expert on the right amount of product I use with my staple items so I know it wasn’t that). I almost went to wash it out… yet I proceeded. With amazing results…

So now to the points. My fine haired homies who cant hold a curl in their hair even if there was curling iron permanently affixed to it, this product is for you. Because it’s a curling shampoo, my curls last all week. No issues. Even WITHOUT pin curling. Yes. Miracles happen when you believe. It leaves your hair shiny, soft, and it really does clean. I really don’t think that anything will be able to replace this product in my life. Ever.

So… Pros:
·       Leaves hair soft
·       Gently cleanses hair
·       Leaves hair moisturized
·       Defines the hell out a curl
·       Helps maintains in straightened hair

Cons
·       Price for the amount. Especially if you have a lot of hair like I do. You can get 6-9 shampoos max out of it. I recommend you stock up during the BOGO sale in December. Hope that helped!


If you have any questions please feel free to do so in the comments section. Have a great day guys.

1 comment: