Monday, June 11, 2012

Karen's Body Beautiful

Good Night! I am doing this late night post that I am very excited about… first off let me hit you with the disclaimer

*I was not paid by Karen's Body Beautiful to review and or endorse this product*

Ok.. to the important stuff. I went to this great event called "She Got Here Own" here in NY (put on by a fellow Temple alum). They had some local upcoming vendors (their info will be shared in upcoming post) and amazing speakers. A Belle In Brooklyn author Demetria was there (I love her)… but more importantly (for the sake of this post anyway) so was Karen, creator of Karen's Body Beautiful. She has a business based in Brooklyn who creates all natural hair products for women of color. She gave out goodie bags with a pamphlet of her products and a jar of her most popular selling item, the Luscious Locks Hair Mask.

Deep Conditioner
So, i have a confession. I have been falling off the deep conditioner wagon. I used to keep DC (abbreviation I will for deep condition for future reference) in my hair for hours, sometimes DAYS at a time. Recently… I haven't DC in month *gasp* I know. What about split ends? What about healthy regimen? I am ashamed. But my usual Dominican DC Emergencia was not wowing me like it used too. 

*side note- our hair changes as our body does, so sometimes products stop working and its necessary to change our routine and what we use in out hair*

So when I got this little jar, I said I might as well try it. I needed a good DC anyway even though since its summer time my hair has been in its staple style. The bun.

So I go ahead and wash my hair with Organix Coconut Shampoo, and do not use regular conditioner as per the instructions. I just apply this straight to my hair…

It was love at first touch. The conditioner isn't watery but it isn't heavy and sticky feeling. I applied it to my hair and it literally melted into my strands. It smells AMAZING and I was just befuddled at how good my hair felt immediately. 

Lets go to the ingredients for those who love to read labels 

It says let sit in your hair for no less than 20 minutes. Because I hate the dryer I kept it in a few hours. In the midst of that I told my friend who had went to the event and also gotten a sample about how soft my hair felt and she decided to try hers out. 


Curls while conditioner was in
Curls after and air dried
Direct quotes of results:

"My hair feels like a cloud"
"If Jesus used toilet paper, it would feel like me hair"
"My hair feels like sex between kittens. Its just that soft"

I think you get the drift. I will say this, both out hair types are fine 3B/3C mixes. (if you are not familiar with hair typing, please refer to the chart here). Ill be doing reviews with other hair type shortly.

So I fully support this product and advise you to pick up at bottle. Now its not the cheapest… the little jar is $25 a pop, but the way I feel, its definitely worth it because you don't need a lot for it to work. Even the gel I use for my buns responds better after this DC. So Please Check out their store in Brooklyn at 436 Myrtle St or buy directly from their site at karensbodybeautiful.com 

Please feel free to ask any questions in comments or directly on twitter @MsCurlyShe

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment