Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sweet Kisses…(Mary Kay Nourishine Lipgloss review)

So, Ive said this before. I am a lip color addict. Especially a gloss. Lord knows I love a gloss. Mac glosses are my favorite and its like Christmas every time a new collection comes out.

However, Ive also said before… I. Am. Broke!

So I am always looking for lip glosses that are good quality and can save a bit of money. I had the PLEASURE (yes… this is a positive review) of stumbling across Mary Kay Nourishine.


*Note- I was NOT paid or even given anything free for this review. I paid for this product and this is my honest opinion*

 Yes! Mary Kay. This is definitely not the Mary Kay I remember my mom and grandma searching through those catalogues searching for bug sprays and face lotions. I was given a Mar Kay facial for free and the Nourishine was brought to my attention. I was looking for an everyday lipgloss in a neutral yet impacting color. I was immediately was drawn to their Cafe Au Lait. Its very close to my tone but it looked great on and was very visible and not too sheer.

Cafe Au Lait (please ignore the wet poodle hair, I'm doing a hair product review at the same time)

So, the important stuff:

Pros:

I LOVE the way this product feels. My only gripe with Mac glosses are that they are so damn sticky. I remember I went to go visit this guy I used to date. My makeup was ON POINT. I had on one of my favorite Mac glosses which he had mentioned before randomly that made my lips look luscious (yes I was gassed, and the lip color was Culture FYI). He leaned in with his sexy self, and gave me a kiss on my lips… in public which was completely unexpected. I was floating on air… until he then stepped back… AND WIPED THE KISS OFF WITH THE BACK OF HIS HAND LIKE A FOUR YEAR OLD!!! I was so confused… standing there with the dumb face like O_O. He goes… "Why your lips so damn sticky?" I. Was. Mortified. I vowed then I needed a solution.

I use a lip balm underneath my Mac glosses to counteract some of the stickiness (when I say lip balm I mean the hood blue blister from the corner store). That is absolutely not needed with this product. It goes on smooth and is not sticky at all. The colors are visible and they have a good variety of color. I tired on other colors and liked almost all of them i tried, but settled on this since I was on a budget.

Cons:

Speaking of budget… the only con to this product is that it only saves you a dollar per tube. Its is $14 while Mac glosses are $15.

Is it worth it though? YES. The comfort of the gloss and the opportunity to avoid another sticky situation (yes, i actually laughed at that joke), makes the $14 very very worth it.

Info:

If you are not sure where to even start to buy MaryKay products, feel free to reach out to Seriah at seriah@gmail.com. She is very helpful and will definitely make sure to answer any questions you have (plus she is a Temple alum!)


A Girl Should be two things, Classy and Fabulous”- Coco Chanel

Keep it Cute Ladies!

-Sioban

No comments:

Post a Comment